So find below the recipe for my very own delicious version! Tried and tested at many family parties, team meetings in work and amongst friends, they have officially been stamped with the seal of approval by all!!!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: 10-12 Cookies
250g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp. salt
220g brown sugar (how brown is up to you!)
1tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 large bar of chocolate, broken into pieces (200g)
(judge yourself just how chocolatey you want them to be)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/145°C(fan oven)/Gas Mark 3. Grease 3 baking trays.
2. Sift the salt, soda and flour together in a bowl.
3. In a seperate bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended
(Use a handheld mixer if you have one! or a freestanding mixer if doubling the recipe).
4. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
5. Mix in the flour until blended.
6. Stir in the chocolate pieces using a wooden spoon. Place spoonfuls of dough onto the trays
(ping pong ball sized). Leave plenty of space between each as they will spread out a lot.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes (stopwatch!) until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the tray for a
few minutes before placing on wire racks to cool totally.
- I can usually only fit 5 cookies per tray (at most). They really do spread out a lot so keep that in
- You can choose what type of chocolate you want to use; dark, milk or white. You can even use flavored chocolate like aero or orange chocolate. I personally like a mix of milk and white but
that's personal preference.