White Soda Bread Recipe
Makes: 1 Loaf
450g (1lb) plain flour
1 tsp bread soda
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 220C. Dust a heavy baking tray with flour.
2. In a large bowl sieve the bread soda with the flour and salt.
3. Make a well in the centre. Add the buttermilk. Use your hands or a round bladed knife to bring the
dough together until it is craggy and soft.
4. Wash your hands. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and shape into a round loaf, patting
gently as you turn it.
5. Lift gently onto the baking tray. Using a sharp knife score a cross shape onto the loaf.
6 .Bake immediately for 20 minutes, lower the oven to 200 and bake for a further 20 minutes until
golden and risen, the base should sound hollow when tapped
This recipe is taken 'Make Bake Love' by Lilly Higgins