Blondies with Brown Sugar Frosting
150g white chocolate 30g butter
125g butter 100g brown sugar
150g light brown sugar 30ml milk
2 eggs 250g icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200g plain flour
pinch of salt
100g chopped milk chocolate
For the bars:
1. Melt the butter and white chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over a pot of boiling water.
2. Once melted and smooth in appearance, stir in the sugar.
3. Next add the egg, stirring in promptly.
4. Finally add the flour, salt and chocolate chips and mix well until the ingredients are well
combined. If you wish to use a colour as I did in the pictures do it at this point.
5. Place in a 30 x 25cm tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 30-35 minutes at
170C or until golden brown. On this occasion I used individual silicone flower moulds
and adjusted the time to 25 minutes as the Blondies were smaller.
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
2. Once melted stir in the sugar and milk and bring to the boil.
3. Then remove from heat and allow to cool down slightly and sift in icing sugar.
4. Add any desired colouring at this point, then place in a piping bag and add a design of
- As you can see I decided to get a little creative with colour and shape when making these 'Blondies'. If you don't have a piping bag...treat yourself to one! There really is so much you can do with one in terms of adding that little extra something to make your delicious treat look even more delightful!
- I picked up the really cool flower silicone mould in Decobake, Dublin. It is made by Wilton and is actually designed for cake pops but can be used for any baked treat.