Not to worry if you don't have a Pumpkin Mould.....without the mould, you can still make fantastic orange coloured cakes using a regular cupcake mould and add some black butter-cream frosting for dramatic effect!
Creepy Little Cakes
Makes 8-10 Cakes
125g melted butter
190g Self-Raising Flour
150g light browen sugar
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
1. Preheat over to 170°C. Grease your cupcake cases or tins.
2. Put the butter, sugar, eggs, and syrup in a large mixer and combine well until smooth.
Then gently fold in the flour and mix until combined. At this stage you can add the food
colouring of your choice. I picked orange for these pumpkins.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until risen and firm to touch. Leave to rest in the moulds for 4-5
minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you want you could ice and decorate these cakes with black royal icing for the eyes
and mouth to make the details really pop.
- Although these cakes have been made in Pumpkin moulds for Halloween, this sweet cake
mixture can be used year round for all different types occasions.