This is another lunch time favourite of mine! It's really simple and I usually make it first thing in the morning. I can whip this up in less than 15 minutes, and is really tasty when heated up later in the day. I usually have the pasta boiling as I run around in the morning getting ready for work. Thinking of easy lunches that are quick, easy and in some way nutritional can be challenging at the best of times, but all in all I think this ones a winner!
Easy Peasy Choriz0 & Pesto Pasta
2 tablespoons of Red Pesto
8 thin slices of Chorizo
1 bowl full of dry pasta (I prefer whole wheat pasta)
Handful of parsley
1 sprig of Rosemary
1. Place the dried pasta in a pot of boiling water lightly seasoned with salt.
2. Meanwhile, slice the chorizo and chop the parsley.
3. After approximately 8 minutes or until the pasta is 'al dente' drain the pasta in a colander.
4. Place the chorizo on the pan and fry for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Once browned removed the pan from the heat, then stir in the pasta, pesto, rosemary and
6. Place in a lunch box and your ready to go!
- You can also add strips of bacon if you don't have chorizo in the fridge or both if you want a
really meaty feast.
- If you have a little grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle over this dish....all the better!