Serves 6 people
370g self raising flour
50g icing sugar
200mls vegetable oil
1. Beat the eggs and milk together.
2. In a separate bowl combine the sugar and flour together.
3. Gradually add the beaten egg and milk to the dry ingredients. then heat the oil in a large
pan and using an icing bag (or funnel) pipe the thick batter into the oil starting in the
centre and working out in a web pattern.
4. Turn the cake once during cooking (Making sure you turn the funnel cake away from
you so you don’t get splashed with hot oil!)
5. Plate it up and sprinkle with icing sugar.
nozzle made the whole process much easier. This batter is quite thick and can be
difficult to pass through a funnel. I just didn't' think that 'Piping Bag Cake' quite had the
same ring to it!
- Funnel cakes can be served with all kind of wonderful other tasty accompaniments
including fresh fruit, cinnamon and cream.