Another milestone today for 'E-D Does It' today, as I am celebrating my 100th post! Hard to believe it, has gone by so quickly! I have had a lot of very sweet treats around the house this week,so last night decided to make something a little savoury, with a hint of sweet though I'll admit. Molly was very impressed with these last night when I produced one for his evening cup of tea. I can never have carrot cake when I'm out, as it is always riddled with walnuts and I'm allergic. So as they say 'ignorance is bliss', I hadn't realised what I've been missing out on! These mini muffins are similar to carrot cake but smaller in size. Smaller in size but still sensational in taster! Perfect with a cup of tea or as a lunch box filler.
Carrot & Cinnamon Mini Muffins
90g soft dark brown sugar
180g grated carrot
140g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a muffin or cupcake tin.
2. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl or free-standing mixer and cream together.
3. Next add in the egg and beat well. Then stir in the grated carrot.
4. Finally fold in the flour, cinnamon and and bicarbonate of soda.
5. Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when
touched. Allow the muffins to cool a little in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
- IKEA is a great spot for picking up really
good quality bake wear at very reasonable
prices. I used this fantastic muffin tray from
IKEA for these mini muffins. They are a
taller shape than your average muffin tray
and are narrower. Have a look at the link
- If you want to dress these muffins up a little,
you can add a layer of cream cheese
frosting to the tops of these mini muffins.
You will find the recipe in my Red Velvet Cupcake post.
Muffin Tin (IKEA)