I was really on a role last night, when I was waiting for my bagels to rise I decided to make a batch of these biscuits. These are definitely in my top 5 favourite biscuits. The reason I love them so much is of course the fact that they include Cinnamon and I LOVE Cinnamon. These biscuits are incredibly easy to make in a food processor, require little or no skill and cook really quickly. I will admit that I do associated these biscuits with Christmas and they certainly have a festive flavour. This was spotted when I produced them at work today and I got a few sideways glances as my colleagues are well aware of my Christmas obsession. That said, I'm not a Christmas in November kind of gal, so I assured them these were non-Christmas Cinnamon biscuits. These biscuits are nice at room temperature or chilled (not sure why they are nice chilled but they are....this was an accidental discovery).
Cinnamon Shortbread Biscuits
150g plain flour
50g light brown sugar
115g butter (diced)
4 tsp. cinnamon (extra or less depending on your love of cinnamon)
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and have two baking trays ready, brush with oil or grease with butter.
2. Put flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon into food processor and mix until it looks like
breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and form into a dough ball.
3. Wrap in cling film and put in fridge for 1 hour.
4. Knead dough and roll out to 1cm thick. Cut out shapes using a cutter of your choice.
7. Place on the baking tray and cook for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- I like to add a whole lot of extra cinnamon. But it depends on how much you love the
stuff. So add as little or much as your heart desires.
- Also if your in a hurry or impatient like myself you can put the dough in the freezer for
15 minutes instead of the fridge for an hour!
- A glass of cold milk is a must for me, and a nice cup of tea is Molly's beverage of choice when
gobbling up these biscuits.
- Have you any amazing Cinnamon recipes? If you do, please let me know or email them on to
E-D Does It Give-Away
Remember to enter my Make-Up Mania Give-away for your chance to win a 'Make-Up Mania Collection'....including a GOSH palette for free! What's the catch you ask? There is none! The competition is open to everyone, everywhere. Click on the link (right) to see the details.