I have decided this week that I am going to do a 'Brilliant Breakfast' series as I have gotten into a terrible habit lately of skipping breakfast...tut tut I know. Sometimes I am really underwhelmed by the thought of breakfast, usually because I can't think of anything nice to have. Having the same cereal every morning gets very boring and I feel that my breakfast menu is definitely in need of some attention. If anyone has any inspiring thoughts or ideas, please do share. They say it's the most important meal of the day, so I'd say it's about time to put together some things that get me excited about breakfast again! Though some of these recipes are very simple and a bit obvious, let's face it things need to be simple in the mornings as we're generally in a rush or half asleep!
Fancy French Toast
2 slices of bread
Dash of milk
Honey and Icing Sugar (optional)
1. Beat the eggs and milk together.
2. Using a cutter of your choice, cut a shape out from your slice of bread.
3. Soak the bread in the egg mixture and place on a hot pan.
4. Fry until well toasted on both sides.
5. Plate up and sprinkle with icing sugar and/or honey.
- I really don't like the crusts on my bread....never have, very wasteful I know! So using a cutter
like this, firstly cheers me up because it looks so pretty and secondly means I don't have to eat
my crusts because I can't see them!
- I'm highly allergic to nuts, so sorry to all you nut lovers, unfortunately I won't be able to include
any Granola or Peanut butter recipes in my breakfast series.
- If you have any thoughts or breakfast favourites....leave me a comment.