Glazed Ham and Creamy Dauphinoise Potatoes
For the Ham
650-700g Back Bacon Joint
Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 can Cider
1 Bay Leaf
4 cloves of garlic
5 medium sized potatoes
Salt and Pepper
For the Ham
1. Place the ham in a pot and fill with water. Bring the water
to the boil, then drain the water.
2. Next put the cider, onion, bay leaf and cloves into the pot
and top with water until the ham is covered. Bring to the
boil and the allow to simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
3. Then remove the ham from the pot and place on a baking
tray. Using a pastry brush, brush a thin layer of mustard all
over the ham. Then using your hands, gently pack the
brown sugar on top.
4. Place in the oven at 180C for 20-25 minutes or until
5. Remove from the oven and slice.
For the Potatoes1. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly as pictured. Alternatively use a slicing disc on a food
2. Next grease a shallow tin or dish and begin to layer the potatoes. After each layer season
well with salt, pepper and sprinkle with garlic.
3. When you have layered all of the potatoes pour in the cream and milk and season again.
4. Place in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes at 180C.
- If you are a garlic lover as I am feel free to add extra garlic to your potatoes, or if your not such
a fan feel free to put less in.
- This ham is also delicious served cold and can prepared before hand and be served in a
buffet at a party or in your sandwich the next day.