Well the week has come to an end and the Friday feeling has arrived. The breakfast challenge this week has really opened my eyes to how much better I function throughout the day when I eat properly. It's a revelation! To finish this challenge off, I have undoubtedly kept the best and my favourite for last. These Oaty Bites are better than any cereal bar you could ever buy (obviously) and keep really well in a tin for days. In fact, I actually think they are one of those things that are nicer on the second day. The chocolate chips are optional, and if you want to bulk these bites up even more add some nuts into your mixture. Again cinnamon features in this recipe, so you know it's going to be good. Happy Friday!
50g brown sugar
175g oat flakes
2 tsp Cinnamon
3-4 drops of vanilla essence
Pinch of bread soda
Smarties/sultanas/nuts/chocolate chips (optional)
1. Combine the butter, sugar and vanilla essence together using a handheld mixer or
2. Add the beaten egg.
3. Next add the oats, cinnamon, bread soda and flour.
4. Finally add the chocolate chips/raisins or nuts if desired.
5. Form the mixture into rounds and place on a baking tray. Cook at 190c for 9-11 mins. Once
cooked put into a air tight tin to cool.
- These bites are not just great for breakfast, but also make great lunch box fillers for kids.
- Make sure to place these bites in a tin or sealed lunch box to keep them fresh.
- The 'bites' pictured do not have any added chocolate or yummy extras as I am using them for
breakfast time. That said, these can be as sweet as you like. With added chocolate, these
bites are always a big hit at parties!