Last night in preparation for my favourite day of the week, I sat procrastinating for far too long, thinking about what delicious treat to make to celebrate Friday! I was having 'foodie block' mostly because I was exhausted from presenting a full days training at work and because I knew I had cream in the fridge that needed to be used. I flicked through this book and that for inspiration, until I finally had a creative light-bulb moment! These white chocolate cream sandwiches worked out exceptionally well given that I was kind of 'winging' it and using my own measurements. The biscuits are made with a combination of cornflour and icing sugar, meaning they have a soft melt in your mouth quality without being soggy....ingenious! The filling is really light and fluffy, not too dense. All together they make up a delightfully delectable fluffy biscuit sandwich. Creating a new successful recipe is such a great start to the weekend, Happy Friday all!
White Chocolate Cream Sandwiches
For the biscuits
190g icing sugar
150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
140g corn flour
2 tablespoons of cream
For the filling
115g white chocolate
170g icing sugar
For the Biscuits
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking parchment and set aside.
2. For the biscuits, mix all of the dry ingredients together in a free standing mixer (or use a
handheld mixer) and add the butter. Mix until well combined and resembles breadcrumbs.
Then add in the cream which should bring the mixture together to a dough.
3. Place large teaspoons sized balls on your baking tray as shown (approx. 20 balls). Then
place in the oven and bake for 8-9 minutes, do not overcook.
4. Once cooked, remove the biscuits from oven and leave to cool on the trays.
For the filling
1. Place the white chocolate in a metal bowl, set over a pan of boiling water and melt. Once
melted set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, mix the butter and icing sugar together in a mixer until light and fluffy. Then,
gradually add the cream. Once cooled, incorporate the white chocolate into the mixture too.
3. Beat for 3 minutes on a medium speed.
- Using a spatula, carefully spread the desired amount of icing on the flat edge of each biscuit
and sandwich them together.
- These biscuits are best eaten on the day but will keep for up to 2 days if kept in an airtight
container in the fridge.
- If your not a big fan of cream or don't like the sound of the filling, these biscuits are actually
delicious all on their own.
- Store the cream filled sandwiches in the fridge and take out an hour before serving if you don't
like them too cold.