Baileys Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 10-12 Cookies
275g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp. salt
220g dark brown sugar
30ml Baileys Irish Cream
1 egg yolk
100g white chocolate (chopped)
100g milk chocolate (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C and grease and line three large baking trays.
2. Sift the salt, soda and flour together in a bowl.
3. In a seperate bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended
(Use a handheld mixer if you have one or a freestanding mixer if doubling the recipe).
4. Beat in the vanilla, egg, egg yolk and Baileys until light and creamy.
5. Mix in the flour until blended.
6. Stir in the chopped chocolate pieces using a wooden spoon. Place spoonfuls of dough onto
the trays (ping pong ball sized). Leave plenty of space between each as they will spread out
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on the tray for a
few minutes before placing on wire racks to cool totally.
- I can place 5 cookies per tray as they really do spread out a lot so keep that in mind. I usually
line and grease 3 trays for this quantity of cookies.
- The timing of these cookies is very important so make sure that you use a stopwatch.