Homemade Chicken Kiev
with Garlic & Rosemary Roasties
2 Chicken breasts
3 slices of bread made into breadcrumbs
4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp of rosemary
8 small rooster potatoes (peeled)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Allow the potatoes to simmer
for ten minutes. Drain the water, then place the lid on the saucepan and gently shake it in
order to 'fluff'' the potatoes.
2. Meanwhile, using a food processor, blitz 3 slices of sliced pan until the bread resemble
breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper. Beat the egg and dip the chicken breasts in it.
Then roll the chicken in the breadcrumbs until the breasts are well coated.
3. Place 60g of the butter, 3/4 of the chopped garlic and all of the parsley in a heat proof jug
and microwave until melted. Place the chicken on a baking tray and pour the melted garlic
butter over them.
4. Next, add the oil, remaining garlic and chopped rosemary to the potatoes and mix well,
before arranging the potatoes around the chicken.
5. Place in the oven at 200C for 20 minutes. Melt the remaining butter in the same jug used
before which is coated in garlic and pour over the chicken breasts before serving.
- If you prefer a creamy chicken kiev you can also make a creamy garlic sauce using
Philadelphia cheese and garlic which you could pour over the chicken once cooked.
- Similarly if you are making your own breadcrumbs and prefer wholegrain or brown bread you
could use these as an alternative to white breadcrumbs.
- I am a big fan of garlic, so have used 4 cloves in total. If you prefer a milder less garlicky taste,
feel free to use less garlic, in the garlic butter mixture.