Kahlua Christmas Cookies
200g brown sugar sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Green food colouring (optional)
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Next, add the Kahlua mixed with cream, egg, egg yolk and mix well. Add food colouring at
this point if desired.
3. Then, incorporate the flour, salt and baking powder, and bring together the mixture with your
4. Place the dough into the freezer for 20 minutes to harden slightly. Then remove from freezer
and roll out on a well floured surface.
5. Place on two lined baking trays and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes at 180C until the
edges of the cookies look browned.
- I cut each of the cookies approximately 0.5 cm thick.
- These cookies can be served plain or decorated with icing.
- These cookies are delicious served warm or cooled with a glass of cold milk or cup of tea.