This evening, I've been busy, cake making and tidying. Today was an unusually long day at work as I am currently on a 5 day course which is fascinating but exhausting. When I got home, a little wedding banter was followed by my daily trip to the kitchen to cook up something tasty for myself and Molly. Tonight's dish was whipped up in no time as I am a little under pressure trying to get the parts of this cake I am making together. Delicious Coconut Milk and Lime Stew. This dish is a cross between a stir-fry and a stew or casserole. I absolutely adore the flavour of coconut milk and the addition of the lime and chilli is the perfect blend of flavours.
Juice of half a lime
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes
6 mushrooms (diced)
4 cloves of garlic
1 onion (finely chopped)
Handful of mange tout
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat a little oil in a wok. Add the onions and garlic and fry off until the onion is softened.
2. Next add the mushrooms and chilli flakes (or fresh chillies if preferred) allow to cook for a
further 1-2 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Add the beef and brown slightly before adding the coconut milk, lime juice and mange tout
and cook until the milk is heated.
4. Serve over rice, pasta or potato. I opted for rice, made as per the directions on the box.
- This dish can of course alternatively be made with chicken, turkey or pork. For vegetarians,
tofu or extra vegetables can also be used.
- I like my beef pink or medium rare so don't like to cook my beef for too long. This is a
personal preference so cook your beef for as long as you feel it needs if you prefer your meat
cooked well done.