Creamy Beef and Mustard Pasta
Serves 2 (with a portion left over for lunch!)
4 cloves of garlic
300g beef strips
100g crème fraiche
2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
Pasta shapes of your choice
Parsely or Chives (to garnish)
1. Place the beef in a dish and add balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and season well with salt and
pepper, then set aside.
2. Next, place the desired amount of pasta into a pot of boiling water lightly seasoned with salt
and cook until 'al dente' (roughly 3/4 of a cereal bowl when dried is the right amount!).
3. Meanwhile, heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a wok or large pan. Add the finely chopped onions,
chopped garlic and diced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
3. Add the beef strips in vinegar and toss in the pan cooking for another 2 minutes.
4. Finally add the mustard, crème fraiche and mix well with other ingredients and gently heat.
5. Serve dish on a bed of pasta and garnish with parsley or chives
Unfortunately tonight I did not have any nice greenery to garnish this delicious dish, and although it may not be very colourful or exciting looking, I assure you the flavours make up for it!