Sunday evening called for a quick and easy dinner, that was tasty and went down well with a nice bottle of red wine. This recipe was just the ticket, and was prepared, cooked and served in under 30 minutes. Some of my 'fridge favourites' feature in this recipe including bacon, spinach, chorizo and parmesan. I picked up this delicious spring onion tagliatelle in my local aldi store last week on special. The flavour was great, but what I love about this pasta is the colour! The green compliments the other ingredients perfectly. For me, how food looks can be just as important as how it tastes, in fact I'd go as far to say that well presented food often tastes best!
2 Chicken Breasts
2 inches of chorizo (sliced)
2 slices of smoked bacon (chopped)
5 mushrooms (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons of cream cheese
2 tablespoons of pesto
Tagliatelle (3 nests per person)
2-3 teaspoons of parmesan (optional)
Salt & Pepper to season
1. Fry off the bacon for 2-3 minutes in a large frying, before adding the chicken.
2. Once the chicken is whitened, add the onions and garlic and continue to cook for another 4
minutes before adding the mushroom and chorizo. Season well with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook your pasta as per the packet instructions.
4. Add the spinach to the chicken mixture and allow to cook until wilted. Check that the chicken
is cooked through, then add the pesto and cream cheese and stir into the mixture until
everything is well coated.
5. Once the pasta is cooked, plate up and top with the chicken mixture. To finish sprinkle with
parmesan shavings and serve. Bellissimo!
This recipe can of course be put together using any type of pasta, be it penne, macaroni or