Home-Made Oaty Cereal Bars
40g rice krispies
80g sunflower seeds
40g brown sugar
40g of coconut oil (alternativey butter can be used).
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
30g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids or more)
20g of dried cranberries (optional)
1. Place the oats, rice krispies and chopped dark chocolate into a bowl and set aside. If you
have dried cranberries these can also be added.
2. In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil, sugar and honey. Once melted allow to boil gently
for two minutes, it will be bubbling at this point
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well until all of the dry
ingredients are well coated.
4. Line an 8 x 6 inch dish with parchment paper, and grease lightly. Place the mixture in the dish
and press down gently so the mixture is well compacted.
5. Place in the fridge for 45 minutes before cutting into bars and placing in an air tight
- Dried cranberries can be quite sweet, so small amounts really will go a long way.
- Though I used sunflower seeds, pumpkin and sesame seeds would also do the trick.
- I picked up the cute cupcake bakery bags in Dealz, a pack of 8 for €1.49, perfect for giving
away your baked treats as gifts, or just to brighten up your lunch box!