Lard or goose fat
1. Put the flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Crack the egg and place in the well. Stir the egg gradually, incorporating the flour and adding
the milk a little at a time.
3. Once the batter appears thick and lump free pour into a large measuring jug and set aside
for an hour before cooking.
4. Preheat the oven to 200C. Place a little lard or goose fat in each section of the cupcake tin
or silicone mould and heat in the oven until smoking (approximately 5-10 minutes).
5. Remove from the oven and pour the batter over the lard until 3/4's full.
6. Return to the oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until risen, crisp and golden.
- Although I used silicone moulds on this occassion, the good old fashioned tins are actually a
little better for Yorkshire puddings as they help the batter to become crisp.
- If you have any excess fat from the meat, not being used for gravy, you can add that along with
the lard for extra flavour.