Makes 20 (approximately)
100g demerara sugar
100g plain flour
100g golden syrup
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp brandy
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 160C (140C fan) and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
2. In a saucepan placed over a gentle heat, combine the butter, sugar and syrup until the sugar
dissolves. Allow to cool slightly before adding the flour, ginger, lemon juice and brandy.
3. Place 5-6 teaspoons of the mixture on each baking tray and place in the oven, baking for 8
minutes. Meanwhile oil the handled of two wood spoons. Remove the baking trays from the
oven and allow the biscuits to firm slightly.
4. Carefully lift the biscuits and wrap around the handle of the spoon with the rough side facing
out (as pictured). Once firm, slip from the wooden handle and place on a wire rack to cool
and firm. Repeat the process with the remaining mixture in batches.
- To make these little crisp delights even more delightful pipe some Chantilly cream into the
- If not eating straight away be sure to keep the snaps in an airtight container where they should
keep for about 5 days.