I've been trying to be a little healthier than usual this week, eating less sweets and more veggies and opting to head for a walk in the evenings instead of the couch. It has been more than a little difficult and I'm craving cake like no mans business! But the weekend is drawing near and no doubt I will have to afford myself a cheat day....or two! This evenings dinner was something really simple and tasty that I thought I'd share for all those of you trying to adopt a few healthy habits! I absolutely adore southern fried chicken goujons, they are my weakness. So I was trying to think of a way of making a healthier option for everyday dinners and this is what I came up with. This recipe is ridiculously easy and entails very little work and very few ingredients.
Home-Made Cajun Chicken Goujons
500g chicken breasts
3 slices of bread (made into breadcrumbs using a food processor)
1 teaspoon of cajun spice
1 egg (beaten)
Salt & Pepper (to season)
1. Cut the chicken into strips and set aside.
2. Place three slices of bread in a food processor to create breadcrumbs. Season well with salt
and pepper, add the cajun spice and mix well.
3. Beat the egg. Dip each piece of chicken in the beaten egg, followed by the breadcrumbs.
4. Place the chicken pieces on a lightly greased baking tray and place in the oven at 180C for
20-25minutes or until crisp.
- I like to serve these spicy chicken goujons with home made potato wedges and some fresh
veggies like spinach and cauliflower.
- As a treat I sometimes serve a delicious spicy tomato relish or garlic mayo on the side for