Back to the madness of work today and very glad to only be working a 4 day week this week in order to ease myself back in. It's not until you get back into the throws of work that you remember....ah it ain't so bad! Did a spring clean around my office and I'm feeling uber organised for the week ahead.
Now as many of you know I love love love anything sweet. Chocolate, desserts, sweets, ice-cream....I'm there! I've always been this way, it's a problem but a tasty problem that I very much enjoy. Tonight's recipe is a recipe for the ultimate sweet tooth and is not for the faint non-sugar hearted. Two of my favourite flavours, lemon and white chocolate joining forces to create the ultimate bar.
White Chocolate & Lemon Streusel Bars
100g white chocolate (chopped)
170g self raising flour
160g butter (softened)
Pinch of salt
135g rolled oats
180g brown sugar
1 tsp of finely grated lemon zest
1 can of condensed milk
120ml lemon juice
1. Mix together the butter, flour, brown sugar, oats and salt. Once well combined scoop
approximately 1/3 of the mixture place in a bowl and add 50g of the white chocolate, mixing
until well combined.
2. Add the egg to the remainder of the mixture and mix well until it resembles a batter. Place the
batter in a lined square 22cm tin.
3. For the filling mix together the condensed milk, lemon juice and zest and whip until light and
fluffy. Mix in the remaining white chocolate chips and then spoon the mixture onto the batter
already in the tin.
4. Finally top with the remaining butter and sugar mixture, place in the oven at 180C for 30
minutes or until the top is golden brown.
5. Allow to cool and then chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- These bars make the perfect pick me up whether at coffee time in work, or an after work
slump with a cup of tea!
- A little goes a long way, though the quantity may not look like much, believe me when I say you
won't be able to eat too much of these bars at once.