After being so good all week, this morning I decided to bake something sweet for Molly and I to have with a cup of tea over the weekend. I had some condensed milk lurking in the cupboard that I was eager to use up so decided to start with one ingredient and see what I could come up with. I adore condensed milk and gross as it sounds could quite happily eat it from the tin. It's deliciously sweet and adds a lovely flavour and texture when used in baking. These cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and tart. I love eating cookies straight out of the oven with a hot chocolate or cup of tea.....weekend bliss!
White Chocolate & Raspberry Chewy Cookies
Makes 10 large cookies
110g butter (softened)
110g soft brown sugar
80ml light condensed milk
50g of good quality white chocolate (chopped)
50g raspberries (frozen)
170g self-raising flour
1. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and condensed milk until smooth.
2. Add the white chocolate and sift in the flour until the mixture comes together to form a dough.
3. Line two baking sheets and place divide the dough into approximately 10 balls, and flatten
4. Press two to three raspberries into the top of each cookie.
5. Place in an oven at 180C for 15 minutes or until crisp at the edges.
- These chewy cookies would be just as delicious with dark chocolate pieces instead of white if
that's your preference.
- These cookies will keep well for 2 days if kept in an airtight container.
- Using frozen raspberries makes pushing the raspberries into the cookies dough much easier
and won't result in a mushy mess!