It's been a long week, and all in all I haven't been feeling great, so apologies for the delay in posting. I had a marvellous long weekend with my better half, who treated me to a luxurious night away to celebrate our 9 year anniversary. We enjoyed some great weather, an amazing picnic and copious amounts of delicious food. The weekend felt really long, and I feel well rested and prepared for the week ahead. The start of a week means starting out with healthy intentions! Sometimes eating 'healthy' can be hard. Especially when you start out, it really feels at times like you are depriving your taste buds of all things delicious. In all honesty though, it doesn't have to be like that. Being healthy just means you have to think a whole lot harder to make things tasty if your trying to avoid certain foods. After a long weekend filled with eating out and over indulging, I'm looking forward to tomorrow so I can get back to eating some delicious vegetables, along with simple weekday dinners. This is one of my favourite way of preparing my vegetables for everyday dinners. Balsamic roasted veg, are simple, tasty and packed full of goodness.
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
4 carrots (peeled and cut lengthways)
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
6 cloves of garlic (whole)
2 pink onions (or small red onions) quartered
6 mushrooms (quartered)
2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
4 tablespoons of balsamic vingear
1. Prepare the vegatbles and place in a large baking dish.
2. Pour the oil and balsamic over the vegetables and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Cover the dish with tin foil and place in an oven preheated to 190C. Cook for 40-45 minutes
or until the carrots are cooked.
- This is a really simple but delicious way of preparing vegetables. Perfect served with chicken
- You can add a little extra oil or vinegar if desired. Any left overs will be delicious reheated for
lunch the next day.