Brown Sugar Spice Cookies
50g brown sugar
50g golden syrup
225g plain flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 egg yolk
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the over to 170C. Grease two baking sheets or line with greaseproof paper.
2. Dissolve the sugar, butter, spices and syrup together in a saucepan.
3. Allow the mixture to cool and then add the egg yolk and stir.
4. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Gradually combine with the syrup
mixture, beating well until smooth. Once too stiff to stir, knead the mixture using your hands
to bring the dough together as much as possible. Leave the dough to rest, wrapping in cling
film and placing in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Finally, roll the dough out thinly and cut out using a round scalloped cutter and place on a
baking tray. Use cookie stamps to create patterns if you wish, pushing the stamp firmly into
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
These cookies were the perfect excuse to put my new Aldi cookie stamp to the test and as you can see they finish the cookies off perfectly.