Lemon Crinkle Cookies
190g plain flour
40g icing sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with grease proof paper and grease well.
2. In a bowl, mix together the softened butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Next add the beaten egg, vanilla extract and lemon juice and zest. Mix until well combined.
4. Then stir in the flour, baking powder, baking soda soda and salt. Again mixing until well
5. Place the icing sugar in a bowl. Measure a generous teaspoon of the dough and form a ball.
Roll the ball in the icing sugar and place on the baking tray. Repeat this process with the
remaining dough, ensuring to leave plenty of space between the dough balls on the tray as
the cookies will spread when cooking.
6. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes
on the baking tray, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.